With everything going on in life, I realize that is too easy for me to be “negative” about things. It’s easier to be annoyed by leaking windows, annoying traffic jam, or disorganized cupboards than to mindfully focus on feelings of gratitude. According to Wikipedia, gratitude, is thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation. It is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.
In order to feel grateful, it is good to focus on the positive things in life. There are many ways to incorporate into your life. Some ideas include having a notebook filled with positive quotes, creating a photobook of a fun trip to remind of happy memories, or identifying positive role models and friends.
Here are some quotes that I wrote down last year.
- “An attitude of gratitude is the secret weapon of the truly wealthy.”
- “Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to drawback, always ineffectiveness.”
- “Stop wasting time and energy imagining problems that haven’t occurred yet.”
- “Stay focused on ultimate goal.”
- “Read something everyday that no one else is reading.”
- “Support the industry that you intend to be a part of.”
- “Guard your time and be certain that you aren’t spending it in ways that are counterproductive.”
- “Dreams have to be watered and fertilized and nurtured and protected with faith before you can see visible evidence.”
Here is a small list of my gratitudes. Here goes: my relative good health, my ability to play sports, my good friends who support me even though I’m sometimes not the easiest to get along with, my mom who tries to help when she can, ability to enjoy good food, sunshine, internet so I can keep in touch with the world and google about things I’m interested in, music that fills my soul, the library so I can borrow tons of books and magazines and be filled with creative ideas, fresh flowers and flowers in the garden, beautiful home where I feel safe and happy, my child who teaches me everyday the joy of living, my desk area where I have a permanent place to write, pay bills, and just be.
Love to hear how you incorporate gratitude in your daily living. Have a wonderful day!